This fishing area is located on Blessington Lake on the River Liffey catchment. It is managed as a mixed fishery (trout and coarse), and it is approximately 600 metres above sea level, surrounded by 56 km of shoreline. The lake offers excellent coarse and pike fishing.
Local amenities in the surrounding area include hill walking, golfing, Blessington Lakeside Leisure Centre and a variety of accommodation, restaurants and pubs.
• Coarse Fishing: November 1 – September 30
• Trout Fishing: March 1 – September 30
• Poulaphouca Reservoir is located at Blessington, Co Wicklow, approximately 20 km from Dublin City on the N81.
• Access to the reservoir is by the official slipway at Russellstown.
• The no. 65 bus from Eden Quay in Dublin City Centre stops at Blessington with a limited number of buses going on to Ballymore Eustace (check with Dublin Bus for more details).
• Alternatively, the shores of the lake are most accessible by car.
• Car parking and picnic areas are available.
View list of ESB-approved shops.