In the last six months, ecars has installed new multi-standard fast charge points at:
- Junction 14 Monasterevin (Co Kildare)
- Ballindine (Co Mayo)
- Longford town
- Ennis (Co Clare)
- Newcastle Road (Galway city)
- Commons Road (Cork city).
These fast charge points facilitate the expansion of the CCS/Combo network for drivers of VW, BMW and Hyundai electric vehicles, enabling them to travel on major inter-urban routes with ease. These units are capable of charging an electric vehicle to 80% in approximately 30 minutes.
There are also plans to install fast charge points at new locations in Cavan, Wexford and Galway. These are scheduled to be installed in early 2019.
In addition, a number of existing standard (AC) chargers have been upgraded across the country. This involved replacing 16 standard charge posts at locations in
- St. Agnes Road, Crumlin Dublin 12
- Belmont Avenue, Dublin 4
- Lower Pembroke Street Dublin 2
- Midleton and Cork city
- Sallins and Naas, Dunboyne, Drogheda Irish Rail stations
- Claremorris, and
- Dun Laoghaire (coming soon).
Each of these units can cater for two vehicles charging at a time.
Visit our charge point map to view locations