24 February 2017, 12.15pm
- Crews working since early morning to restore power to 3,000 remaining customers
- Over 54,000 customers have now had their power restored
- Stay Safe, Stay Clear of fallen electricity wires. Report any damage to network by calling 1850 372 999
ESB Networks' crews have been working since early morning on more than 600 individual fault sites to restore power to 3,000 customers. Crews are working tirelessly to get customers restored as soon as possible. Due to the severity of the damage, there may be small pockets of customers without power for a second night.
Crews have restored power to more than 54,000 customers who were left without electricity due to the damage caused by Storm Doris’s gale force winds.
Due to the severity of the damage caused by the storm, repair work still continues in a number of areas.
These affected customers are located in:
- Carrick on Shannon
- Parts of Castlebar, Tuam, Cavan, Longford and Sligo
Crews from all around the country have been deployed to these specific areas to assist colleagues and repair the high number of faults.
Customers without power can check for updates on when their supply is expected to be restored at on PowerCheck (www.esbpowercheck.ie) and @ESBNetworks. Customers should also listen to their local radio station for regular up-dates. ESB Networks is reminding customers of the precautionary measures to take in the event of a power cut.
An Important Public Safety Message: If you come across fallen wires or damaged electricity network, never, ever touch or approach these as they are LIVE and extremely dangerous. Please report any damage to electricity infrastructure by calling 1850 372 999 or +353 21 2382410.
For faults that are not appearing on Powercheck, customers are asked to log a fault at ESB Networks or call 1850 372 999 or +353 21 2382410. Customers should have their MPRN available to access recorded information specific to their location.
Damage has been caused by high winds causing broken electricity lines and damage to poles and other equipment. Falling timber has also caused considerable damage to the electricity network.
Never approach broken lines or damaged poles, and keep children and animals away – report damage to ESB Networks on 1850 372 999 or +353 21 2382410 and listen to recorded messages carefully.
- Turn off electric cookers, ovens, irons, etc.
- If electricity supply is lost leave one light switched on so you know when power has been restored
- Take extra care if using candles, oil lamps or other naked flames
- Test smoke alarms with fresh batteries ensure adequate ventilation if using gas heaters. Further information will be available at: www.esbnetworks.ie.
Real time information on power outages and restoration times will be available at: Powercheck (available on Android and IOS)
ESB Networks apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Media enquiries to:
ESB Press Office, 01 702 6009 / 087 255 7186