Electric Ireland Press Release
- Irish energy provider awarded top accolade for second year running
Electric Ireland took home five awards at the 2019 European Sponsorship Awards, in Café de Paris, London on 28th Feb. The awards recognise the best sponsorships across Europe.
Electric Ireland’s impressive showing included the most prestigious Sponsorship of the Year Award. The awards recognise Electric Ireland’s work with two key social issues – suicide prevention (Darkness into Light with Pieta House) and role of women in sport ( Game Changers with the Irish Football association). The awards included:-:
- Sponsorship of the Year for Women’s & Girls Game changer campaign with Football Association Northern Ireland
- Community Sponsorship Award, for Women’s & Girls Game changer campaign with Football Association Northern Ireland
- Sport Sponsorship <1m, for Game Changers Campaign
- Mass Participation Sponsorship, for Darkness Into Light with Pieta House
- CSR Partnership Awards, for Darkness Into Light with Pieta House
Commenting on the awards, Lisa Browne, Head of Marketing and Customer Insights, Electric Ireland, said, "Our sponsorship investments are based on a deep understanding of the concerns and passions of our customers and it is great to get this recognition on the European stage for programmes that resonate with consumers. We are delighted that two of our campaigns have been recognised as best in Europe across five award categories. We have enjoyed considerable success in these awards over the years and now hold ten European Sponsorship Awards. We are delighted to be recognised for both our Game Changers and Darkness Into Light campaigns”.
Electric Ireland’s sponsorship of Darkness Into Light continues in 2019, with the annual walk taking place on Saturday 11th May at 4.15am nationwide.
For more information on Electric Ireland’s sponsorship activity please visit: electricireland.ie
- Darkness Into Light Sponsorship
Electric Ireland has supported Pieta house with Darkness into Light since 2013. The partnership reflects Electric Ireland’s values as an organisation and was recognised for its marketing and consumer insight that has helped achieve a greater understanding and awareness of the issues relating to suicide and depression. The 2018 campaign helped motivate 200,000 people to wake up and walk from Darkness into Light at 4.15am and raised €6million for Pieta House’s vital services.
- Irish Football Association NI, Women’s and Girls Soccer – Game Changers Campaign . Working with the Irish FA, Electric Ireland created Game Changers, a campaign designed to increase awareness and participation levels within the female game in Northern Ireland driven by our primary business objective of growing brand awareness and reaching out to all parts of the community. Electric Ireland succeeded in integrating itself into the fabric of what was a challenging community and improving women’s football in Northern Ireland through the implementation of various player focused programmes. The campaign supports programmes for all age groups to ensure there is a clear player pathway for emerging talent. The success of this is evident by our youngest Game Changers programme, the Electric Ireland Shooting Stars programme for 4-7 year olds, recently endorsed by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Since our partnership with the Irish FA began in early 2017, Northern Ireland has seen a 25% increase in participation of women’s football and more than 10,000 girls and women playing every week. With these results, it can truly be said that our campaign has helped change the game of women’s football in Northern Ireland for the better.