- Electric Ireland adds to its Brighter Together Energy Programme with another innovative energy saving product for farms
- Ireland’s only interest-free Solar PV payment plan will see energy and cost savings for farms who avail and an additional 10% discount off the cost of installation for Electric Ireland customers
24 November 2020
Today, Electric Ireland, Ireland’s leading energy provider, has announced the launch of a new solar energy offering for the farming sector. The Solar PV technology will help farms to reduce electricity bills, reduce their carbon footprint and increase the energy efficiency of operations on the farm. The product is another significant commitment by Ireland’s leading energy provider, as part of its Brighter Together Energy Programme launched earlier this year to support homes, businesses and communities to collectively contribute towards Ireland’s transition to a low carbon future.
Electric Ireland’s Solar PV installations can help power energy-intensive operations on farms, such as milking parlours with 100% renewable energy. Farms can also avail of diverters to heat water on-site using solar energy and install a battery storage system to ensure no renewable energy is wasted. The Solar PV roof-top installations are available for farms of all sizes ranging with options from 6kWp up to 50kWp. For farmers who opt to include storage, Electric Ireland will install German-made industry-leading Sonnen batteries. Farms will also benefit from an accompanying solar energy monitoring app which provides real-time stats on their energy use. Finally, installations also come with an additional 10% discount for Electric Ireland energy customers.
Marguerite Sayers, Executive Director, Electric Ireland said: “Electric Ireland is delighted to launch this new solar solution for the agricultural sector. This product will deliver energy and cost savings to farms of all sizes, while also helping to reduce their carbon footprint with 100% clean renewable energy. We know our customers are looking to make sustainable choices and they want their energy provider to help them through innovative solutions. Electric Ireland is the only supplier in the market offering an interest-free payment plan. We want to help farms realise the value of this technology and to improve their sustainability and energy efficiency. By enabling more of our customers to utilise solar energy as part of our Brighter Together Energy Programme, we continue to support our customers on the journey to a brighter energy future for everyone.”
Pat Maher from Tullaroan in Kilkenny, one of the first adapters of the Electric Ireland Solar PV product for Irish farms, said: “Having the solar panels installed has helped me manage my energy usage effectively and switch to using green energy. The panels which sit above a shed on my farm were installed quickly and easily. I’ve also been able to track energy usage with the energy monitoring app which has been a great asset.”
As well as this new innovative Solar PV product for farms, the Electric Ireland Brighter Together Energy Programme continues to offer customers:
- An EV home charger installation service enabling EV customers to charge their cars most efficiently, at home.
- A new climate conscious partnership with leading Electric Vehicle (EV) retailer Nissan Ireland. Every purchase of a new Nissan LEAF, LEAF Van or e-NV200, will come with a free Electric Ireland EV home charger. Electric Ireland will fit the charger when customers choose its 100% green electricity price plan, which comes with the additional benefit of an enduring discount of up to 8.5% off Electric Ireland’s standard unit rates.
- Ireland’s only Heat Pump Price Plan with a cheaper unit rate for customers with a heat pump in their homes.
- A range of Remote Heating Controls to help reduce energy consumption.
- Access to an Energy Efficiency Incentive Scheme which provides incentives to complete energy efficiency measures within the home (over €4.2 million worth of energy credit has been redeemed through the scheme to date) and;
- A wealth of educational energy saving content and advice on the Electric Ireland Brighter Together hub.
Notes to editor
The Electric Ireland Solar PV price offering:
Price for Electric Ireland customer
Retail Price (ex VAT)
Note: VAT will be charged at 13.5%.
Price subject to site inspection
To be part of the change and to find out more visit www.electricireland.ie/brightertogether
About Electric Ireland
Electric Ireland was launched in 2011 as the retail arm of ESB Group supplying electricity, gas and energy services to the business and residential markets in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Electric Ireland is recognised as Ireland’s leading energy provider, with a mission to create a brighter future for the customers and communities it serves.