Our Safety Extranet application enables customers and contractors to request site access online. New users can request a login by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 00353 1 702 225. Note: Please ensure you have all Locken keys updated prior to accessing sites.Login to Safety Extranet
Safety and Site Access
Health and Safety
As a part of ESB Group, we view safety as a core value and are committed to the highest levels of safety for the general public and our employees.
During the construction and operation of every telecommunications installation, extensive safety audits are undertaken to ensure the health and safety of those in the surrounding area. We also ensure that the individuals carrying out the safety audits have completed the DuPont Safety Audit Training Program.
Due to the importance of safety in relation to all ESB Telecoms operations and sites, a set of detailed guidelines have been put in place to ensure all contractors and customers comply with all applicable safety standards. ESB Telecoms Contractor Safety Guidelines work in conjunction with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 (S.I. No. 291) The contractor Safety Guidelines cover a variety of areas including the following:
- Safety File, Safety and Health Plan
- Access – Restricted and Un-Restricted
- General Responsibilities
- Safety Induction and FAS Safe Pass Requirements
- Control of Sub-Contractors
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Competence and Fitness for Work
- Site Safety
- Working near exposed live electrical equipment or apparatus
- Daily Safety Planning
Safety Policies and Standards
ESB Telecoms, as part of the ESB Group, operates under the ESB Safety Policy as outlined here;
- Safety is a core ESB Group value and is fundamental to our commitment to operate in a socially responsible manner. We regard the health, safety and welfare of our workforce, our contractors and the communities we serve as a priority.
- Our policy is to adopt a systematic approach to health and safety management in all our business areas in order to create and maintain safe work environments, to comply with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements and to seek continuous performance improvement. You can review the current ESB Telecoms Safety Statement 2008.
- ESB Telecoms views the safety of employees, contractors and the general public as paramount. To this end, individuals who work on our telecoms sites must have completed the FÁS Safepass training course and ESB's own safety training courses. In line with all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) regulations, every effort is made to ensure that no member of the public has access to our telecoms sites.
- All of our telecoms sites operate within the safe acceptable limits for non-ionising radiation as set out by ICNIRP. To ensure the safe operation of our sites, safety audits are carried out on our sites by a number of groups including Enterprise Ireland on behalf of ComReg and Compliance Engineering Ireland. We also carry out regular safety audits on our own sites.