At ESB, you will find a great place to work, with caring, courageous people who are collaborating on a once-in-a lifetime challenge.Watch Video
Our People Promise
Do you want to work for a vibrant, successful and innovative organisation?Apply Now
Do you want to be part of delivering a brighter future and making a real difference for millions of people every day?
ESB is Ireland's foremost energy company. Since 1927 we’ve been delivering a brighter future for the customers and communities we serve. Today, that means we’re driven to make a difference, to achieve net zero by 2040, through delivering clean and sustainable electricity.
- We have over 8,000 people working on hundreds of innovative projects across the energy sector, and need a diverse range of talent to help us achieve our ambition
- We've provided leading engineering services worldwide
- We’re putting sustainability, environmental and social goals at the heart of the way we do business
- We’ve invested more than €15 million to support communities around Ireland and internationally through our social purpose programmes
What does it mean to be courageous, caring, driven, and trusted?
Our values empower us and guide the way we work at ESB every day. As the world is changing so fast, there has never been a greater need to be true to ourselves.
At ESB you'll be working with people with shared values who…
- Prioritise caring, safety, health and wellbeing
- Value autonomy and flexible ways of working
- Approach every day with energy and passion
- Are creative and want to innovate and collaborate everyday
- Put customers at the heart of everything they do
- Give back to the communities they serve
- Share their time and skills through many volunteering opportunities
Want to work with highly motivated people who support each other and take pride in the work they do?
Our people are what set us apart and have built ESB to what it is today. As part of the ESB family our people create a positive caring work environment to ensure everyone has a great experience every day. We…
- Embrace diversity, uniqueness and individuality, so that you can be yourself at ESB and thrive
- Work with and learn from innovators, technical and business experts
- Listen to our people and understand their experiences
- Empower our people managers and leaders to motivate, energise and support their teams
- Constantly innovate and collaborate to meet the challenges and opportunities ahead
Want to be rewarded with an attractive and unique set of benefits? We have competitive rewards, flexible leave options and much more. These include:
- Attractive compensation package
- Pension plan with a competitive employer contribution
- Annual performance bonus
- Life assurance and disability benefits
- Reduced rate on electricity with Electric Ireland
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Work life balance
- Health and wellbeing supports
- Employee referral scheme
- Wide variety of generous life and career leave
- Access to ESB insurance schemes
- Commuter saver schemes (including Cycle to work and Easi travel)
* Your Benefits may vary depending on your role
Want your wellbeing to be a priority, and to enjoy the real life-work balance that comes with flexible working?
As a caring organisation being safe and looking out for each other’s health and wellbeing is at the core of how we work every day at ESB.
With us you can benefit from…
- Our many supports for your safety and wellbeing, including mental health supports such as the EAP and Mental Health First Aid
- Supportive colleagues and managers that live our value of being caring
- Our health and wellbeing programmes that promote forming healthy and sustainable habits
- Our sports and social clubs and activities that promote physical wellbeing and social connection
Are you constantly curious, like taking on new challenges and have the drive to learn and grow to realise your full potential?
At ESB, as we grow so do our people. We continually invest in your growth through…
- Strong commitment to personal and career development opportunities
- On-the-job learning from experienced professionals
- Opportunities, including rotations, to work in different parts of ESB
- Award-winning coaching and mentoring
- A huge range of training and education programmes
- Management training opportunities
- Innovation incubator programmes
- Funding professional qualifications and accreditation related to your role, including MBAs