Our Investment Proposition
ESB’s strategy Driven to Make a Difference: Achieving Net Zero by 2040 sets out a clear pathway to achieve Net Zero in a way that supports our customers and ensures ESB’s continued growth and ability to invest. Our strategy is informed by developments in the external environment and driven by our enduring commitment to deliver a brighter future for all.
Read more here.
ESB Key Credit Strengths
Leading Irish Energy Utility
- 96% Irish Government owned
- Markets - Ireland and Great Britain
- Owns all networks in ROI and NI
- Irish electricity market: 33% share of generation and 40% share of supply
Stable Business Profile
- Regulated electricity networks businesses in Ireland accounts for 72% of Group EBITDA and 67% of Group Assets
- Supported by established and transparent regulatory frameworks regarded as robust by credit rating agencies
Consistent Financial Performance
- Average EBITDA €1.3bn & Gearing 54% (2017 - 2021)
- Diversified funding and strong liquidity position
- Credit ratings A- and A3