- As at 5.40 pm, approximately 3,000 electricity customers remain without power as a consequence of Storm Barra
- Crews continuing to restore power to as many customers as possible this evening but regrettably, small pockets of those without power will be without supply overnight
- We apologise for the disruption to family and commercial life these interruptions have caused
- For real-time updates and to report an outage, visit www.PowerCheck.ie
- Fallen wires pose a risk to life. Stay safe, stay clear and report any damage to us immediately on 1800 372 999
Wednesday, 9 December, 5.40 pm
ESB Networks crews are continuing work this evening to restore power to homes, farms and businesses impacted by Storm Barra. Around 3,000 customers remain without supply at 5.40 pm, mainly in parts of Kerry, Sligo and Leitrim.
ESB Networks has moved crews from less impacted areas of the country today to assist colleagues in the most severely impacted areas to reconnect customers as fast as they safely can. Crews will continue to work into the night doing everything they can to restore power to as many remaining customers as possible.
Unfortunately, small pockets of customers will be without power overnight due to the severity of the damage and we apologise for the difficulty this causes.
Crews will mobilise again at first light tomorrow.
It is very important that any impacted customers who use electrically powered medical devices contact their healthcare professional to make alternative arrangements if necessary. We apologise for the disruption to family and commercial life these interruptions in electricity supply have caused, particularly to those without supply going into tomorrow.
An Important Public Safety Message: If you come across fallen wires or damaged electricity network, never, ever touch or approach these as they are LIVE and extremely dangerous. Please report any damage to electricity infrastructure by calling 1800 372 999. Customers should have their MPRN available to access recorded information specific to their location.
Customers without power can check for updates on when their power is expected to be reconnected and report an outage, at www.powercheck.ie. Customers can also check @ESBNetworks on Twitter for updates.
In addition to safety procedures associated with power restoration, crews continue to work under all national Covid-19 protocols with respect to hygiene, social distancing and PPE.
Media enquiries to: ESB Press Office, 087-2557186