14 June 2018
ESB Networks can confirm that, as a result of Storm Hector, approximately 35,000 homes, farms and businesses are without power nationwide this morning. The damage is mainly attributable to fallen trees on overhead lines as a result of the high winds.
The counties most impacted include Galway, Mayo, Sligo and Donegal, as well as Cavan and Monaghan. Crews are mobilised and are working towards restoring power to all impacted families over the course of today Thursday.
An Important Public Safety Message: If you come across fallen wires or damaged electricity network, never, ever touch or approach these as they are LIVE and extremely dangerous. Please report any damage to electricity infrastructure by calling 1850 372 999.
Real time information on power outages and restoration times is available on the PowerCheck App or www.esbpowercheck.ie.
If your fault is not logged please report it at here or on 1850 372 999. Customers should have their MPRN available to access recorded information specific to their location.
You can also check @ESBNetworks on Twitter for updates.
ESB Networks is reminding customers of the precautionary measures to take in the event of a power cut:
• Never approach broken lines or damaged poles, and keep children and animals away – report damage to ESB Networks at 1850 372 999 and listen to recorded messages carefully
• Turn off electric cookers, ovens, irons, etc. if electricity supply is lost
• Leave a light switched on so you know when power has been restored
• Take extra care if using candles, oil lamps or other naked flames
• Test smoke alarms with fresh batteries
• Ensure adequate ventilation if using gas heaters.
View ESB Networks' video on preparing for an outage during a storm at:
14 June 2018