ESB Networks Press Release
- 39,000 homes, farms and businesses are still without power, down from the peak of 186,000 yesterday afternoon
- Estimated restoration times are available on the Powercheck app and powercheck.ie, ESBNetworks.ie
- ESB Networks crews now deployed and working to restore most customers over the course of today
Issued: 8:30 am, Thursday September 2018
ESB Networks crews have been continuing efforts from early this morning to restore power to the remaining 39,000 homes, farms and businesses that lost supply due to the impact of Storm Ali. At the height of the storm yesterday afternoon, 186,000 customers were impacted.
All available resources from ESB Networks are deployed to carry out repairs to the network and restore power. Additional crews from less impacted areas of the country are deploying in the worst impacted counties, which include counties Sligo, Galway, Longford, Westmeath, Cavan and Louth.
We expect the majority of the 39,000 customers without power this morning will have their supply restored today.
An Important Public Safety Message: There are 1,600 faults on our networks meaning that there is extensive damage with low hanging and fallen lines nationwide. We urge the public to remain vigilant, stay clear and to ring 1850 372 999 if they spot a low or fallen ESB line. They are a risk to life.
Real time information on power outages and restoration times is available at: www.esbpowercheck.ie with further information available at: https://www.esbnetworks.ie/power-outages-updates/latest-updates
If your fault is not logged please report it at https://www.esbnetworks.ie/power-outages-updates/report-a-power-outage. Customers should have their MPRN available to access recorded information specific to their location. You can also check @ESBNetworks on Twitter for updates.
ESB Networks is reminding customers of the precautionary measures to take in the event of a power cut:
• Never approach broken lines or damaged poles, and keep children and animals away – report damage to ESB Networks at 1850 372 999 and listen to recorded messages carefully
• Turn off electric cookers, ovens, irons, etc. if electricity supply is lost
• Leave a light switched on so you know when power has been restored
• Take extra care if using candles, oil lamps or other naked flames
• Test smoke alarms with fresh batteries
• Ensure adequate ventilation if using gas heaters.
A further update will issue later today Thursday.
Images from Storm Ali can be downloaded here.
For Media Queries, please contact the ESB Press Office: 01 702 6009 / 087 2557186