Working in partnership with Ardagh Group
ESB's Smart Energy Services partnered with the Ardagh Group to deliver a best-in-class energy solution that enabled them to better optimise their power usage onsite at its glass manufacturing plant in Irvine, Scotland. As a company committed to environmental responsibility and sustainable manufacturing processes, the Ardagh Group needed a partner that understood its mandate for a low-carbon future and was capable of delivering a project at scale.
As a large manufacturing facility with a global roster of clients, the Irvine facility requires a large amount of energy to support near-constant production. Due to the infrastructure of the High Voltage supply network, the facility is susceptible to voltage dips, which have the potential to impact the company’s production
"We needed a cost-efficient, 100% effective battery storage solution capable of supporting our operational requirements and reducing the plant’s reliance on the grid, as well as its environmental impact. ESB Smart Energy Services delivered."
- Annelene Fisser, CSR & Sustainability Manager, Ardagh Group
- ESB Smart Energy Services were tasked to manage the installation and implementation of a 2-Megawatt battery storage solution, designed to alleviate pressure on the grid during peak consumption times and store energy when less is needed.
- A grid-optimising platform operated by Gridbeyond leverages a 2-Megawatt Tesla made storage battery.
- Energy storage capacity secured
- Additional revenue stream created through the sale of power back to the grid
ESB’s Smart Energy Services has already delivered projects for more than 300 large businesses across Ireland and the UK. Our customers includes Medite Smartply, the Dublin Airport Authority, ABP and Ardagh Glass amongst many others. We have a launched a €75m fund to help large energy users decarbonise while making energy cost savings.
We work in partnership with large energy users to deliver sustainable solutions that dramatically reduce energy costs and carbon emissions.
Find out how your organisation can benefit from:
• Unparalleled expertise in the energy sector
• An international network of technology partners
• Advanced energy monitoring and analytics
• Project financing with no up-front investment required
• Innovative energy saving technologies