As a company committed to environmental responsibility and sustainable manufacturing processes, the Ardagh Group needed a partner that understood its mandate for a low-carbon future and was capable of delivering a project at scale.Learn more
ESB's Smart Energy Services offers battery solutions to enable large businesses to store energy generated during low tariff periods and use it when tariff prices are high.
Partnering with us is easy. Once we’ve analysed your energy usage, we’ll design a storage system to meet your needs. We’ll also procure high specification batteries from leading world suppliers to tailor the storage system to match the demands of what you do.
Our battery storage solution offers you a range of benefits including:
- Reduced energy costs.
- Increased flexibility and reduced exposure to peak demand periods.
- Increased energy resilience in combination with back-up power supply.
- Potential revenue streams through demand response schemes and participation in the capacity market.
We’ll even fund the cost of the battery so there is no upfront investment required from you.
We analyse your energy usage to design a storage system that is the optimal size for your needs. Unlike load shifting approaches to demand management, our battery solutions require no change in operations for your business and are fully automated.
Increasingly ambitious national renewable energy targets present challenges for grid operation and energy security. Energy storage will have an important role to play in achieving these targets while maintaining a reliable electricity supply.
How our Funding model works for you
- Where feasible ESB will fund the project with no CapEx input from your company.
- Payments are made at the same rate as the delivered savings, so the scheme is “Balance Sheet Neutral” for you.
- We work with longer payback terms than the industry norm.
- Once the CapEx cost is paid off, you benefit from 100% of the ongoing annual savings.
- An initial overview of the energy saving potential will be produced at no cost to you.
- By providing the up-front capital for energy-saving infrastructure projects, repayments to us are financed by the resultant delivered savings.
ESB’s Smart Energy Services offer a full range of funded solutions and to demonstrate our commitment, we operate a €75 million fund that is dedicated to assisting large energy users access affordable finance and expertise to help bring their carbon reduction strategy to life.
We also support self-funded capital projects, whereby ESB will procure, install, and develop a capital asset on behalf of the customer to best suit their needs. With an agreed payback term depending on the scope of the project, once the project has paid for itself, the customer maintains full ownership of the asset and will benefit from 100% of the associated savings.
ESB’s Smart Energy Services are looking to partner with intensive energy users to help deliver a bespoke solution that specific to the site and the organisational needs.
Speak to one of our experts today.