Shedding Light on a Dublin Icon
Working in Partnership with CHQ
ESB operates its off-site start-up incubator within CHQ building resident and collaborative technology hub, Dogpatch Labs. When the CHQ began looking for solutions to its outdated and unreliable lighting system, the ESB Innovation team were on hand to recommend Smart Energy Services.
"As CHQ is over 200 years old and last refurbished in 2008, the building was in need of an energy efficient, more reliable lighting system that would also provide a nice atmosphere for our tenants and customers. ESB has helped us to achieve exactly what we needed”
- Monika Wotjek, Operations Director, CHQ
Home to retail and event spaces, restaurants, a museum and Dogpatch Labs, CHQ is an iconic building in the heart of the docklands. As a 200 year-old resident of Dublin and one of the city’s finest examples of 19th Century industrial architecture, extreme care needed to be taken to preserve the integrity of the structure and its aesthetics.
- 2,000 light fittings were replaced with LED under Smart Energy Services’ financing scheme, meaning no upfront investment from CHQ was required.
- LED technology offers the most energy efficient lighting option available. A considerably longer lifespan than incandescent bulbs, has made LEDs a popular solution
- Lighting load reduced by 60%
- Reduced overall energy costs
- Greater reliability
- Reduced Maintenance Costs
- Improved aesthetics